Thursday 29 August 2013

The Body Shop, Feel Unique and Sephora haul

I thought I share with you guys some things I've bought recently, because my student loan came in early as I'm on a year abroad, so I've accumulated quite a few presents for myself! 

The Body Shop


Oh, The Body Shop. I am pretty sure I own shares in this company now with the amount of money I have spent there. I always get sucked in by their awesome deals, and then end up spending way more money than I expected I would.

I got the Aloe Day and Night Creams, as I think my nearest Body Shop is an hour away from Tours, I stocked up before I left England. I've been using these for about a year now, I think they're great and feel really cooling on the skin. My skin reacts to some moisturisers, and I get a horrible rash around my nose, but this stuff keeps it at bay.

Then I picked up the Almond Cuticle Oil, because my nails are dry and flaky, so I thought this would help, and it does make them look healthier. This also smells amazing.

I also purchased the Vitamin E Eye Cream, because I've never used eye cream and they had a 2 for 1 offer on and there would have been no point in buying three things. I think this claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles and fine lines around the eye as well as hydrating the area. I'm not sure. I've not been using this long enough to tell, but I think that the Vitamin C eye reviver duo works better for dark circles.

Feel Unique


A couple of days before I left England, I had a little look at the Feel Unique sale, to see if I could get better deals than in duty free. The answer was yes. That very day I had used up the last of my old faithful MAC Pro-Longwear foundation, AND, lo and behold, the YSL Le Teint Touch Eclat foundation (which I had been pining over for AGES) was in the sale. I love this, it looks so luminous on the skin, and has such a light and fluid texture.

While I was perusing the YSL bit of Feel Unique, I also came across the Rouge Volupté Shine lipsticks, which were also on sale. I've heard really good things about these, and I really like glossy lipsticks. I got the shade Fuschia in Excess, which is lovely and bright!


I also picked up one of the Nails Inc Leather Effect nail polishes in Ladbroke Grove, which is a lovely neon coral colour. I've never tried a textured nail varnish, but I love this. It really looks like leather and it lasts quite well too.

Sephora


I went into the Sephora in Tours, because everyone always moans about how we don't have it in the UK, and I was curious. I needed some powder anyway, because it was hot and my forehead was looking a little shiny. I've never used powder, so I decided to go for their own brand, rather than a high end make. I got the 8 Hour Mattifying Pressed Powder, which does the job, and smells like baby lotion. Happy days.


So that's it for my haul. If you want me to review any of the above products, let me know in the comments!


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you - Sephora, yum. I can't wait to visit one next month, already started to save up. Let us know what you think about the pink leather polish, never seen it reviewed :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these hauls are making me desperate to go splash a load of cash!!! xx

    Find me on bloglovin:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/7392713

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It will make me feel better about myself if you do... :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful products...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.