Sunday 25 August 2013

Lush Sunnyside Bubble Bar Review

Seeing as I will be in France for my birthday, my friend popped round the other week to give me an early birthday present. I got a bag full of amazing goodies, but one of them was a product I have been pining over for ages. This was the Lush Sunnyside bubble bar (£3.75), which is a beautiful sparkly bubble bar with a citrus scent. I have never used a Lush bath product (and I call myself a girl....), so I was super excited to give this a go, as well as being a bit worried that this would stain the bath (my mum would have killed me), but it went alright, there was a bit of residue, but that washed away easily. 




The bath melt is covered in glitter (which gets everywhere!) , but the inside is a sort of yellow ochre colour. You can cut into halves or quarters if you like, so it lasts more than one use, but I used it all because I didn't know if my apartment in Tours would have a bath.  I cut it into pieces with a knife first, so if would be easier to crumble underneath the running water. I also turned up the water speed quite a lot, so I would get more bubbles. I was impressed with the amount of bubbles I got, because my parents' house has really hard water, so I reckon if you used this with soft water, you'd end up like Glinda the Good Witch. 





The scent is GORGEOUS and very uplifting. I'm rubbish at describing scents, but I could smell oranges and lemon, which made me really want a glass of Tropicana after! It also turns the bath a very nice sunny yellow colour (hence the name) which is very pretty, but on closer inspection you can also see a cloud of golden particles suspended in the water. I usually find baths pretty boring, but because I am a magpie, I spent a good while disturbing the water, and being completely mesmerised by the swirling gold particles. I also noticed a little bit of shimmer on my skin after, which was nice.

The Verdict:


Alright, I know you can buy a bottle of bubble bath for £2, which will last longer than two or three uses, but this is definitely a bit of fun. I'd had a really rubbish day that day, and I felt a hell of lot better after this bath. I feel this may have triggered a bit of a Lush bath bomb  obsession though; sorry bank balance.....


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. God, this makes me so jealous, I don't have a bathtub... Love the glitter, it looks very cool! Would be very excited to try this :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it if you get access to a bath! Really lovely product :)

      Delete
  2. I've never seen this one before! It looks amazing, anything glittery and I'm sold! Def gonna look into buying the bottle of it!

    Rosie xo
    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I want to get it again, and then some more Lush bath stuff!

      Delete
  3. Wow - that's a gorgeous bubble bar. Can't stay away from sparkly things and citrusy scents just perk me up so much :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely. I really need to try some more Lush bubble bars now!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.