Tuesday 29 October 2013

Mac Cranberry Eyeshadow Tutorial

On Sunday's BBloggers chat on Twitter, I noticed that a lot of people said that they wanted Cranberry from Mac, especially as it's such a great Autumnal colour. I also noticed that a lot of people said that they weren't sure how to wear it without looking like they have pinkeye. I'll just show you the way that I enjoy wearing it, although there might well be other great ways of wearing it too. This post links in quite nicely with my eyeshadow post for the starting off project and I'll be using the same techniques and brushes here as in that post.


 

Step One


I take a pale neutral colour and apply it on my lid. Today, I'm using Baby It's Cold... by MAC, but any gold, champagne or beige will work.






Step Two


I then take Cranberry and I apply it to the crease.




Step Three


I take a darker colour and apply it to the outer V of my eye. I use Beauty Marked here because the glitter particles go really nicely with Cranberry. You could also use a dark purple, grey or brown here. I think they'd all look nice.





Step Four


I finish off by lining my eyes with Blacktrack from MAC, and applying mascara.

And there you have it. I like to wear this look in an evening more than in the day time. I think it looks interesting and sophisticated at the same time and it looks really great if you have dark reds and purples in your outfit.





I also found this article which tells you loads of different ways of wearing Cranberry, which I will have to try out! Click!

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous shade! I will definitely need to get a few MAC shades after next payday! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And the holiday collection looks gorge too! I can't wait until it's released in France :)

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful! I love it. I've been dying to try cranberry since it's such a gorgeous shade but i admit i've been a bit fearful of it. I love what you did though and may have to get my hands on cranberry and replicate it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say go for it. It's a daring colour, but this look uses it in a subtle way!

      Delete
  3. love the colour, might have to put my £20 mac giftcard to good use by buying this!
    saida xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you lucky thing! And yes, I think that's a good choice!

      Delete
  4. I love the eye look you created! I never thought to use a shade like this before. I will have to give Cranberry a try!

    Pareasa
    The FAB Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, me neither, but it goes to show that brighter colours are nothing to be afraid of!

      Delete
  5. I love this look. Its really pretty. I will have to pick up this color.

    kellyhallman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.