Thursday 1 August 2013

Liebster Award!

Hello everyone!

The lovely Charlotte from makeupbycandlelight nominated me to do a Liebster Award post. So, thank you Charlotte for choosing me as one of your nominees.








The Liebster Award is aimed at blogs with fewer than 200 followers. As 'Liebster' is German for favourite, it acts as a way for people to give a shout out for blogs that are small, but they think are worth a look. 

The nominee must:-

  1. List 11 random facts about themself
  2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
  3. Nominate 11 more small blogs with 11 more questions


11 Random Facts About Myself


  1. My favourite animals are elephants. I was in Thailand when the Boxing Day tsunami happened, we were going to visit Koh Phi Phi and sit on the beach, but we went on an elephant trek instead because my mum doesn't like boats. Thank you elephant!
  2. I have a stutter. It's not really bad, and I manage it quite well. One of my many 'adorable' quirks.
  3. I'm moving to France at the end of August. I'm a language student, so I have to do my third year abroad. That's why half of my blog is in French. I'm going to study at Tours University.
  4. I love the Tolkien franchise. The Lord of the Rings films are my favourite films EVER.
  5. I want to be an elf. 
  6. I went to boarding school. I don't know how badly people judge me on this...I'm actually pretty down to earth, and not rolling in cash (oh how I wish I was).
  7. I auditioned for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think I tried out for Veruca Salt, I wasn't successful.
  8. When I was 7, I send a letter to JK Rowling which included a chapter that I'd written of the upcoming book at the time (just in case she needed some inspiration). SHE REPLIED! I hope I still have the letter at home somewhere.
  9. On the eve of my 11th birthday, I waited up for an owl to fly in through my window and deliver my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. I was gutted to find out I'm a muggle.
  10. I have done 3 half marathons in the past year. I used to be the person who was always chosen last for school teams, so this is a massive achievement for me. I'm not very fast, but not many people can say they can run a half marathon.
  11. My favourite subject at school was art. God knows why I went on to study French and Psychology.

Charlotte's Questions


1. Favourite nail polish? 

I really like Gone Fishing from Topshop. It's a lovely greeny turqouise, and Topshop nail varnishes are so long lasting; they're cheap too.

2. Product you would really like to try? 

Nails Inc. Leather Effect nail varnish in Dalston ( sky blue). I think these are so cool, and the summer colours are fab.

3. Beauty product you know you really should use, but can't be bothered? 

Primer. I've never used it. I know it makes your makeup stay on for longer....but meh....

4. Favourite skin care brand? 

The Body Shop. I swear by their Aloe range, it feels so cooling on the skin, and I'm not allergic to it, so that's always a plus.

5. What inspires you? 

What a hard question. Aesthetically pleasing things I think. I'm all about bright lights and pretty colours.

6. BB Creams - Bleeding Brilliant or Boring Blah

Western BB creams are glorified tinted moisturisers, so boring. Asian BB creams actually do what they're supposed to, so brilliant.


7. Where would you go on your dream holiday?

I'd love to go to South America and visit lots of places, but it's quite dangerous.

8. Favourite drugstore/high street  mascara?

I used to use a Miss Sporty one and it was AMAZING. I can't remember what it was called, it was a couple of years ago.

9. Beauty product you will never buy again?

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. I  just thought this was terrible...it didn't last longer than 2 hours on my skin, and it made me look sweaty. No. JUST NO.

10. First perfume you ever got?

My mum got me one of the Charlie fragrances when I was about 5. I believe it was the white one.

11. Most hyped product that you don't agree with

Maybelline Baby Lips...aren't they just lip balms?!


My Questions



  1. When did you first get into makeup?
  2. Do you buy mainly high end, or drugstore beauty products (or both)?
  3. What inspired you to start blogging?
  4. What is your guilty pleasure?
  5. What is your holy grail foundation?
  6. Do you like to stick to the same beauty products that you know work, or do you like to mix it up?
  7. Are you loving the influence of the 90s on fashion at the moment, or do you think it's dreadful?
  8. Do you thoroughly research a new product before you buy it, or do you impulse buy?
  9. If you could have the look of any celebrity, who would it be?
  10. Do you feel comfortable leaving the house without make up on?
  11. What is your favourite scent?
And here are the blogs I'd like to hear from:
  1. Shannon from Beauty By Shan-Rayann
  2. Allie from Allie's Beauty Blog
  3. Melissa from Girl About Town
  4. Emily from Trial and Error Beauty
  5. Suz from Bloosie's Life
  6. Laura from Fashion for 21
  7. Emilie from Someone in the Corner
  8. Jess from FXSHION
  9. Kristie at Kristie Blogs Beauty
  10. Mehj from Beauty Brownies
  11. Gilian from Always Unpresentable



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Kate! Loved reading this :). Completely agree with you on the leather polishes. I'm very tempted by the black (Noho) or the burgundy one (Shoreditch).

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I quite like the pinky one as well. Nails Inc always come up with great stuff!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.