Sunday 18 August 2013

TAG: Top 10 beauty buys

Charlotte from Makeup By Candlelight nominated me to share with you my top 10 favourite beauty buys. Thanks Charlotte for tagging me! It was quite hard to choose 10 products, because I have quite a lot of products that I really like, but these are definitely firm favourites of mine.



1. Body Shop Microdermabrasion




This is the best exfoliator I have ever tried. It contains crushed garnet stones to help buff away dead skin cells. It is quite abrasive, so you should only use it once or twice a week, but it really, really works!


2. Clean and Clear Deep Clean



I like to use this after the Microdermabrasion, because after the dead skin has gone, it is optimal pore cleansing time! I actually like to leave this on my nose for a little bit before I wash it off. This makes my pores literally disappear! For an oil free product, it's surprisingly non-drying, cheap too!


3. Body Shop Aloe Day Cream



Some moisturisers aggravate my skin, but this is great. It has a light gel cream texture, so it is absorbed quickly into the skin. The aloe provides a lovely cooling sensation upon application and keeps my face moisturised all day, even in the winter months.


4. Body Shop Aloe Night Cream



This has a thicker, creamer consistency to the day cream, but has the same cooling sensation. I can get away without wearing this during the height of summer, but it moisturises throughout the night and I wake up to lovely, plump skin.


5. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack



I have been using this for about 2 and a half years, and I swear by it. It creates such an amazing, intense black line. It's really easy to apply (I just use a MAC 209 brush) and lasts all day.


6. MAC Eyeshadow in Shale




This is my favourite neutral shade, but has a hint of purple to bring out the green in my eyes. You can wear it day or night, but I like to pair it with Beauty Marked for a great smokey eye.


7. ELF Powder Brush




What a versatile brush! It can be used to apply foundation, powder, bronzer and blush, it doesn't matter if it is a cream or a powder product. I only have one of these, but I definitely need to invest in some more.


8. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion




This is the first and only product that I own from Chanel, but I love it. It just adds a bit of je ne sais quoi to my lips, and makes me look more put together, even if I stumble out of the house with nothing else on my face. Full review here.


9. Lush Aqua Mirabilis



This is a great exfoliating body butter from Lush. It contains cocoa and almond butter, ground almond shells, amongst other goodies. It really works as an exfoliator, but is so moisturising, which is great because exfoliating can dry out the skin. It also smells like Hob Nobs, which is always a plus (makes me hungry though).


10. YSL Touche Éclat




I could just sit and look at this gold pen all day. It is great for neutralising dark circles and highlighting the face without being shimmery. It's one of those products that, again, adds a little je ne sais quoi. Collection's Illuminating Touch is similar (read about it here), but at a fraction of the price. Something keeps me loyal to Touche Éclat though, which has served me so well for many hungover 9 o' clock lectures...


So they are my top 10 beauty buys. It's a bit of an homage to The Body Shop, but I am always tempted by their offers! If you've got any questions about any of the individual products, or would like me to do a full review of one, let me know in the comments.

Here are the ladies I would like to hear from:-

Michelle from BeautyLifeMichelle
Annie from Annie Leaf
Ambi from Bombay Rose


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. So nice to see your Top 10 - thank you! I've loved the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion too, it's a great product!

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the whole of the Vitamin C range, it smells so good!

      Delete
  2. Lush <3
    http://jhallucile.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Would love to buy a Chanel lipstick! Must save up!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do it! I just love bringing it out in public, makes me feel posh

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.