Sunday 11 August 2013

Benefit's Watt's Up

The other week, I had a makeover at the Benefit counter in Fenwick in Newcastle, there I got to try out lots of brilliant products (read about it here). After the makeover, I decided to pick up Watts Up, which is a champagne cream to powder finish highlighter. I have wanted to try a Benefit highlighter that wasn't Highbeam for ages now, so I was super excited to get this. This retails for £24.50 in the UK.


The Packaging



The Packaging is typical Benefit: fun, attention grabbing and functional all at the same time. I love the look of this, with the light bulbs linking in nicely with the name of the product. I don't think that Benefit packaging ever looks really luxe, but it is always bright and cheerful, and aimed at a younger demographic.The design of this also takes away the need of using a brush, it is a stick applicator, which winds up, so you apply it directly to the face, and there is also a little sponge at the other end which you can use to blend in the product. Saying this, I prefer to use my fingers to blend, as it's much easier to wash hands than it is a sponge.

The Product


The product is a beautiful champagne colour which I find to be a more natural shade than Highbeam. The MUA at the Benefit counter said that Watts Up suits brunettes and Highbeam suits blondes, so this might be why I prefer this. It blends out so easily and you are left with a really lovely warm glow. I also like the fact it is cream to powder finish, because when it has set, it won't slide around your face. 




I usually apply this to my cheekbones, brow bones and tear ducts. I don't like applying this to my nose as it highlights the fact that my nose is a bit wonky (I think I broke it in the past...), so I prefer to use Touche Éclat for this as it doesn't catch the light, but is lighter than my skin tone, so will bring the areas you want to highlight forward.

I'd also say that this has pretty good staying power, as I put this on at about midday once, and then went to a party, and I could see the Watts Up had stayed on my face in the pictures.

The Verdict


I really love this product, I'd say it's my favourite highlighter colour at the moment. I love the stick applicator because it is so easy, and can be used on the go. I realise some people think that this is unhygienic, but I don't think it's a problem if you wipe it off after. It hasn't broken me out. It's quite expensive at £24.50, but I think this would last a while, as you're only using it on parts of your face.

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I love Benefit! I have High Beam, which is actually my favorite highlighter, but I want to try this out! It does seem to be more natural than High Beam!

    xo, Pareasa
    The FAB Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High Beam is very pretty! But I have to agree with you here

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, I love you post :) I'll try Benefit out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this product and it sounds great, although I agree with you that it's a bit expensive for what it is. I don't currently have a highlighter so this might be the next one :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will last for ages, so it'll be worth it. I prefer liquid/cream highlighters to powder anyway.

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.