Tuesday 25 March 2014

Mini MAC Haul

I went back to Paris for the first weekend of my half term, and I was lucky enough to have a 20% off Sephora voucher that was valid at the same time. I wanted to go and get some things from the Fantasy of Flowers collection from MAC, and the big Sephora on the Champs Elysées has a MAC counter. It was a bit of a no brainer really. Unfortunately, when I went there, the collection wasn't yet in store, BUT, it's MAC so of course I managed to buy something.


Top Left: Up The Amp; Top Right: Quarry; Bottom Left: Sumptuous Olive; Bottom Right: Brulé




I picked up three eyeshadows and a lipstick. I was going to pick up the much celebrated 217 brush, but it was over 20€ and I just couldn't bring myself to spend that on one brush.


Brulé Eyeshadow


I was in much need of some matte neutrals in my palette, just because mine is full of quite bright colours, and I needed something to pair with them. This is a great base colour for light/medium skin tones, and a fantastic blending out colour. It might not be the most exciting shade in the world, but I've already gotten so much use out of it.


Quarry Eyeshadow


This was also bought to be a matte neutral addition to my Pro Palette. I didn't want a true brown, I wanted something a bit more cool toned, as I already have a little GOSH palette which has warm, matte browns in it. This is a beautiful crease colour, especially when paired with Brulé, but I've also used it to smoke out Sumptuous Olive, for a day time smokey look. It's actually very similar to Shale, but a matte version.


I didn't swatch Brulé as it's the same colour as my skin, but from top to bottom: Up The Amp, Sumptuous Olive and Quarry


Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow


I'd seen this one in lots of blog posts about MAC Eyeshadows, or MAC Pro Palettes, and I just thought it was so beautiful I had to pick it up. I don't think I've ever owned a colour quite like this, as it's half way in between green and gold. I like the texture of the more shimmery eyeshadows more so than the matte ones from MAC, as I find them more buttery and easy to blend, and this is no exception. This looks really nice with Lady Danger lipstick, but it's quite an autumnal look because of the oranges and greens.


Up The Amp Lipstick


Usually, I spend a good while researching products and looking up swatches before I compile a list of things I want to get, but this one caught my eye right off the stand. I've seen this in a couple of 'Top Ten Mac Lipsticks' videos, but I was never that bothered by it until I saw it in real life. This is such an interesting mid purple colour. Even though it isn't super dark, I still think it's quite an intimidating colour as it is very lilac toned. I love it though, with Brulé and Quarry and a flick of gel eyeliner on the eyes, this looks awesome. I think it's a versatile enough colour to be worn year round and it can be taken from day to night if you just smoke out your eyeshadow. It has an incredible creamy texture, and it doesn't budge, even when you go out for drinks.


Up The Amp on the lips

Even though I bought all of that, I STILL have my eye on more things from MAC. I'm insatiable. I can't decide between Blackberry and Sketch as they look the same, but Sketch is sparkly. Which one do you guys think I should get?

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Love the lipstick, Kate! It really suits you. I'm tempted now...hmmm!!

    Get sketch ;) it's not that sparkly...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it being sparkly? Maybe I'm imagining things, I did swatch a LOT of stuff. And thanks! It's a fab lipstick you should go for it!

      Delete
  2. Sumptuous Olive is my favourite shade from MAC, it's so pretty :)
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.