Saturday 28 September 2013

Nails Inc Leather Effect in Ladbroke Grove

I bought this nail varnish in a Feel Unique haul, which I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. I've had a couple of weeks to try it out now, and I can definitely say I'm impressed. This was my first venture into textured nail varnish, and now I've tried one, I'm anxious to try lots of different types! I bought Ladbroke Grove, which is a neon coral pink, but now it's the start Autumn I kind of wish I'd bought Shoreditch Lane (burgundy). Anyway, here is the full catalogue of leather effect nail varnishes from Nails Inc..



Packaging


So, this comes in a typical Nails Inc. cylindrical bottle, however instead of the normal metallic lid, this has a faux leather lid. I think this is a nice idea, but I think it looks a bit scruffy. It's obviously been glued on, and the edges aren't that streamlined. Apart from that, I've always liked Nails Inc.'s big, chunky bottles.


The Product




This applies very nicely (like all Nails Inc. varnishes), it glides onto the nail and isn't streaky. The really fun bit about this, is that it goes on glossy, but it dries textured. Mind blown. I want to know the science behind this! It also dries incredibly quickly, probably a couple of seconds. Pretty much as soon as you see the little bumps of the leather effect it is stone dry: very impressive. It is, however, it is little sheer, and as it takes a couple of coats to build up a good texture, I would recommend 3 coats. There is no need for a top coat, as this would ruin the leather effect, and it lasts about 5 days until it starts chipping, which I think is pretty good.





When this dries, it looks like new leather. So, it isn't really wrinkly, it has the little bumps of brand new leather. It would have been cool if it had looked like really worn leather, but this effect is also nice.


The Verdict


Apart from the slightly ropey packaging, this is a very good product. If you want a lightly textured nail this is a really nice varnish to use. I'd say you could get away with doing all of your nails like this, as I don't think that would be too much at all, but it would also look cool as an accent nail


. Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact this polish still has a fab colour, and a fun/different texture without being OTT! :)
    Fab post!
    Kammi
    xx

    http://beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel! I would really recommend this!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.