Friday 26 July 2013

Illamasqua Illuminator in Fondle: Review


Another one of the things I bought from the Illamasqua sale was the illuminator in the colour Fondle, which is a hot pink with a gold pearl. Illamasqua describe this as an "intense colour that highlights and enhances wherever it’s applied. Goes on wet but dries quickly, leaving a high-shine  reflective finish that lasts all night." They advise that you should use it on the "cheek bones and brow bones, on the cupid's bow, on the centre of the eye lid or on any other part of your body where you want to draw attention." This retails for £13.50 in the UK.



The Packaging


This comes in a long, square plastic tube with a black lid which has the Illamasqua logo on it; it looks a little like a lipgloss. You unscrew the lid and out comes a long applicator with a bristle brush at the end. I've no problems with the packaging, you can see the lovely gold pearl of the product and it is easy to use.


The Product




This is a liquid highlighter that is a similar texture to Highbeam from Benefit, although I'd say it is slightly less creamy in texture to Highbeam. I use this by dotting the product where I want it and then blend out with my fingers. It blends out to a lovely pale pink with a subtle gold shimmer, it is very pretty and completely different to other highlighters I have seen, which tend to be on the champagne side. The pink tinge means that this would work really well on darker skin tones and it could double up as a blusher; in fact I used it as a blusher today and it looked really pretty, yet subtle.  I suppose you could also use this as an accent on the lips too. One thing to watch out for with this product is that it dries very quickly, so blend fast! I also found that I had to use a little more than expected to get visible results.


The Verdict


Yet another versatile product from Illamasqua. I love the fact that this doubles up to a blush and the fact it is a really unique colour. I would definitely recommend this one.

The product used as a blush



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried Illamasqua, but this looks like a great item to start with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some really interesting stuff! Definitely worth I go I'd say!

      Delete
  2. Oo, this is a really pretty product! Does Sephora in Canada carry this? o.o I'd have to check asap, hehe~

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC/Bloglovin? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am from the UK so I am not too sure. I looked at Illamasqua's shipping, and they ship to most places for £9 I believe, so I guess if you spend a lot, then it's worth it. And of course, I am really interested in Korean beauty products!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.