Monday 23 December 2013

Festive Party Look: Red and Gold

This is the look I created for my early Christmas celebrations with my family. I did shimmery, gold eyes and a red lip. You could definitely miss out the red lipstick as it's quite a full on look on the eyes, but I felt like being extra festive.





I start off by doing my face makeup. First, I apply my foundation, Le Teint Touche Éclat from YSL, with a Real Techniques Face Expert Brush. Then I use Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer under my eyes and on my blemishes. Next, I use the lightest two shades of Guerlain Terracotta Four Seasons bronzing powder on the high points of my face and on my neck, and the darkest shades in the hollows of my cheeks. I finish of with some Coralista from Benefit on my cheeks. I chose this blush as it isn't very dark, and I didn't want to take away from the shimmering gold eyes.

















For the eyes, I start off by applying this Liquid Metal from Illamasqua in the colour Burnished onto the lid with my finger. I then take the copper colour from The Body Shop's Shimmer Cube palette in Warm and apply that over the top. I take the brown shimmer cube, and put it in the crease, along with the matte brown from my Gosh smokey eye palette, which I put in the outer V and then blend with a clean brush. I then put that colour under the lower lash line and use it to fill in my brows. Next, I put the copper eyeshadow in my tear duct as well. I line my eyes with a Blacktrack Fluidline from MAC and use Le Volume de Chanel on my Lashes.




Then, I apply Russian Red from MAC to my Lips and dab a small amount of Burnished Liquid Metal to the centre of my lips to make the look more three dimensional.





Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.